turn signal plug in?

Ricky116

I havent found any info on this so I hope the pros will know... I am putting together a nos dash assembly I aquired some time ago in my 78 kingcab the harness in my 78 had been hacked up so when I dissassemled it I had another dash out of what i remmebered to be a 77 or maybe a 76. anyhow it had unmolested wiring in the dash. After getting it all together we realized the turn signal plug in does not work with the older harness The pins are totally different. Did they change the plug in between these years? If so Why? any info will be greatly appreciated.... Thanks Ricky:)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELCOME to Ratsun

Yes the plug changed in the later years. My 76 has a different plug than the 79 that i pulled a signal switch from. Bent mine really bad:mad:

Anyways, I pulled a 79 switch from a King cab and this switch has the "flash to pass function". Forward position is high beams, Back position is low beams, and spring loaded pull back is high beams. If i remember the number of wires increased by two for the newer switch.

You might try looking at the wiring diagrams on http://www.olddatsun.com and count the wires to the switch. Might help narrow down what yu have and what you need.

Good luck

I havent looked into it any further, I will probably just install a 79 dash harness when the time comes. 79 KC harnesses have a couple of things that are different about them. They have the wiring for the rare intermittent wipers too. Not available in 78.