18's on a bagged 521

OKC521

Anyone on here ever airbagged a 521? Better yet, anyone know if a 18X9 wheel with 5" of backspacing, and a 235-40-18 tire will tuck? It seems a bit wide to me, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I'm getting a really great deal on some wheels and tires. Any thoughts? Anyone tried it already? Appreciate the info!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I test fitted the wheels yesterday. The front will be no problem, but the rear is another story. The back side of the wheel is about 1/2" from the frame, which is no problem if I 'bag it and build a new back half, but the outside edge of the wheel is flush with the outside edge of the little flare of the wheelwell on the bedside. Only way to fix that is the narrow the rear end. Oh well, thanks for the input everyone!

My 521 is bagged on 17" Escalade wheels. They have plenty of clearance as far as tucking...I actually have spacers on the rear to push them out since they sit in pretty far but spacers arent mandatory. The problem you will run into is that you will have to cut out the inner fenders and I am pretty sure you will have to tub the firewall. I am about to swap out the Escalades for a set of 18" Bonspeed billet wheels I kept off my old B2300 when I sold it. I am definitely going to have to make new inner fenders and notch the firewall since I am putting the truck on the rockers, but the 17s are already paper close to the firewall with it just laying frame so be prepared to have to tub the firewall for 18's.......

l_02498046e5a52553315e0c17fe5314-1.jpg

l94B4U56-W4I1Im9H5nz4V-ZuBBvnG13030.jpg

Edited by UNCIVLIZED1