East Coast/Atlanta GA

CharlieBucket

we are having meets all spring and summer. lots of funs one too. At the road atlanta meet we will get to do a victory lap, representing all nostalgic japanese cars. at the horse park we get to be inside the July 4th festivities as part of the show. i am going to cut and paaste all the info from the local board. i really hope i can get some ratsuners out. this is the only place that i am responsible for. we had 60-70 cars at the fall meets and its been growing every time. i am honored to be a part of this group, they are really working hard to create something like most you guys have out on the west coast.

Here is the proposed schedule for the meets for this year:

March 7 - Mary Alice Park - Cumming, GA

May 2 - Road Atlanta - Braselton, GA ($25)

July 4 - Georgia International Horse Park - Conyers, GA

September 5

November 7

ROAD ATLANTA MAY 2

We're planning to have it at Road Atlanta. This will be during The Mitty/HSR Challenge. This takes place on the weekend of May 1-3, 2009.

Prices are as follows:

1 day (Sat. or Sun) - $25

3 day (Fri. - Sun.) - $45

If we get more than 20 of us at this event, we will get courtesy parade laps around the track. Notice I said lapS. Plural. I don't know how many but that is what it says on the site.

MAY 2, 2009 will be the specific meet day for our OSJC meet!!!!

Also they are having a Sports Cars of the World showcase there. Nostalgic Japanese Street Fighters has already been set up to participate in this. It even has us listed in the last issue of Grassroots Motorsports. We will basically be showing the Japanese old school car market.

A link: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/grmspeedfest/

shows all the festivities for that entire weekend.

I'll find out what day the track runs will be for us and the showcase so we can pick which day to actually have the meet.

This is just an early (5 month) heads up so you guys can get yourselves in gear and save up that money. Would be awesome to have the turn out we've had all last year at this event. It would really help our cause to have bigger and better gatherings in the future.

GA INTERNATIONAL HORSE PARK JULY 4TH

I have just (this morning) accepted and confirmed our invitation to have our July meet in (not at or around, but IN) the Georgia International Horse Park's annual Fourth of July Festival. I called to find out about using their outside parking spaces for a meet. The director of the park was thrilled of what we do and called me and invited us to have our meet there. We will actually be in the park and A PART OF THE FESTIVAL! All the way through to the fireworks show that night. Best of all, the event (for us) is free. We don't have to pay anything to be in this. They are also going to handle all of the advertising for us to be there on their website, in the newspapers and other publications.

This, along with the Road Atlanta meet, is a very big step for the OSJC mmets and can really lead to some even better deals. Let's get the word out to everyone. Especially to the ones that either don't frequent IA, but any other websites. Spread it to the other sites you're on as well.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...