replacement for J-13 or E-1; MGB-1800

Hey all,

I have a 1980 MGB 1800cc engine minus intake and exhaust manifolds up for sale. I paid $400 for it several years back, as it only has 80,000 miles on it. I had intended on using it in my 520 Pickup, but never got the Flywheel worked out. For those who don't know, Datsun copied MG in the design of the E and J series engines. My J-13 is currently running a MGB 1800 rocker assy since my stock Datsun one was plum wore out. Anyway, the Datsun front and rear plates bolt right on in place of the MGB stuff, so it will bolt to your stock motor mounts, and will accept a stock datsun trans. The only part left to work out is the flywheel. I have a J-13 and the stock MGB flywheels. My intention was to plug the holes on the J-13 and have it re-drilled as the bolt pattern is a 6 bolt pattern same as the datsun, but just a differant diameter pattern. Anyway some one please make me an offer... It is stiiling on a wooden platform, so it slides on the garage floor ok, and I have a cherry picker to load it in your truck. Thanks Garry K

garryk6@yahoo.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.