ALMOST done swapping a set of early 720 steering column stalk switches into the 620 -

BarryA

turn signals & headlight/park light/tail light systems are fully functional, and the wipers should be working tomorrow. The swap IS doable and doesn't require cutting into the original 620 wiring harness, but it's a fair amount of work (took on the project when both the 620's headlight switch and intermittant wiper switch died in the same week, and a good variable delay wiper switch unit turned up @ P&P).

In addition to multiple changes to the 720 headlight and turn signal switch wiring to make them work with the 620 harness (and the necessity of running an additional wire for the brake light circuit), the center hole in the 720 switch unit has to be enlarged considerably to fit over the larger diameter 620 steering column, and the 720 switch cover / mast jacket requires a fair amount of trimming and reshaping.

If there's enough interest, I'll write up the proceedure and describe the wiring changes - unfortunately, from what I can tell there are at least 3 different wiring schemes in the 720 series, so I can't guarantee that the way I set the wiring up would work for anything other than a 78/79 620 deluxe and an 80-83 switch assembly.....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic