SD22 DPC module & IP controller

I’ve done some research over the time of owning my 82 720. Anyone that has the SD22 knows that the DPC module and IP controller wiring starts to become not so reliable over time. I had the problem a little over 2 years ago but it went away for some time until recently. The system becomes intermittent where the controller doesn’t want to push the rod to the “start” position. Other times, when the ignition is turned off and key removed the engine stays running. This causes me to have to cycle the plug to get the DPC to tell the IP controller to shut the fuel off. I’ve seen where people have fashioned a rope or some sort of pull system to manually on/off the system.

For my situation it doesn’t happen all the time but it happens enough to make me want a better solution, than digging in my hood when out on a drive. In theory I’d love to be able to have a 2/3 switch system wired up near the dash to where the switches operate the IP system to where one switch works “start” , “run” , and “stop” has anyone tried this before? 
also trying to find these parts either lead to NLA parts, expensive as hell with no guarantee, or DIY repairs. Has anyone been able to find a better solution than the rope/cable pull system? 

• Like 1
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic