Building my first 620

i'll be getting more pics up as soon as i can:D the paint could be happening as soon as the end of this month so keep your fingers crossed!! $ permitting:lol: now that my dad has his hands on her she's getting a full physical and going into surgery!:D i can't wait to drive her home!:lol:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had no idea my dad was such a perfectionist!!!:mad: he wants to swap the whole cab of my truck then new doors and god knows what else!!! she went up to him with an ugly ass paint job and she's going to come back looking like a jigsaw puzzle!! i can't drive her down a parade route like that!! i need all the paint tips you guys got because my friend backed out on me he doesn't have the time and i have his equipment so i'm going to do it myself... gotta learn eventually right?!:eek:

All i wanted was my 5-speed!!!

fortunately my dad works at a quarry and they park all of the heavy equipment next to his house so he could use a whole array of equipment. and i've already got the sheet metal to redo my floor pans even though they aren't completely gone. i dont think you can see it in the pictures but someone tried to cut the rail that the drivers seat bolts to and bent it down so i'm jst going to replace the whole floor and then put diamond plate down. it'll add weight but it'll look cool and match my diamond plate insert in my dash.:cool:

I saw this truck on CraigsList a few days ago.

I noticed your avatar pic was the same as the one in the ad.

Are you abandoning your project or just trying to see how much you could get for it? I know money talks.

I read this entire thread and this is going to be a really nice truck when you complete everything that you have planned.

unfortunatly i'm stuck there is so much left to do. my husband and i are trying to buy a house for our kids to grow up in and as much as i love my truck my kids come first. so right now i'm just testing the waters maybe it'll sell maybe not but once i get a house my husband promised me another datsun to build from the ground up not someone else's hack job... i've put over $3000 into this truck and just can't afford it anymore:( my dreams for her are too high i guess...

ok i'm keeping her. i'm buying new doors and stripping another bagged truck for all new air set up parts. i took her to corona last night and the jack ass wanted to put a toyota motor in her to piss off datsun lovers...:mad: well f*k him she's better than that. now i'm on a mission. her little four speed did 70 mph all the way home without a problem (so proud of her):D i just can't let her go! i'm in love:p

my husband saved this guys number under greg-datsun-hater so that in 6 months or a year we can call him or just roll down to go-ez customs and show him what a real datsun can be with all the love and attention you can give her. (plus i want to laugh at his civic again... it creaked and groaned like an old house while you're driving it. whoever pulled everything off of it to reduce the weight screwed up bad):lol: can you believe he said he had a d16 motor and when i got there and told him it was a d15b he got mad?!

Unless the floor pans are gone i would'nt swap the cab. Its a big undertaking & takes a few people & or a forklift to lift it off.

unless you are me......at pick n pull south sacto, about 3 years ago, there was a 87ish Toyota Xtra Cab pickup that my friend wanted the bodylift from, so after we got the bodylift off, I stubbed my toe, got mad, and picked the back of the cab up, and flung it off the frame 5 feet....

my husband saved this guys number under greg-datsun-hater so that in 6 months or a year we can call him or just roll down to go-ez customs and show him what a real datsun can be with all the love and attention you can give her. (plus i want to laugh at his civic again... it creaked and groaned like an old house while you're driving it. whoever pulled everything off of it to reduce the weight screwed up bad):lol: can you believe he said he had a d16 motor and when i got there and told him it was a d15b he got mad?!

JDM d15B? or d15b7 non-vtec from 90-95? d15b is JDM replacement for d16z6, d16y8, etc. Some have only one vtec solenoid, some have 2, for mid-range and high-end vtec.