1984 Z24 motor for sale: $50

So if you read the 720 4x4 story, bought a supposedly good motor off cl. One of the few times I've gotten screwed. Should have seen the warning signs.

Anyway, have a Z24 motor with what was supposed to be 90k on the bottom end and rebuilt head and new timing chain. It may have been 90k, but the assfuck I bought the motor from had water sitting in #4 for 5 years. As you might imagine, there is some pitting. Tried to take it out with a bottle brush, no such luck. However, it is probably removable with a .050 overbore. Pistons are standard bore and the rest of the block, crank, pistons look fine.

Head does look rebuilt, timing chain was new. Decided to not squirrel away the Z22 block that was in the truck, and use it instead seeing as I'm not planning on building a Z24.

Long story short, the motor is a good rebuildable core, I'm fixing the original motor in the truck, so if anyone wants it, shoot me an email. Thanks!

EDIT: Motor is disassembled at current, but can be loosely thrown together for transport. In Spokane for local pick up only. Unless for some reason you really really need it and you're somewhere else. Doubtful.

-Matt fastdatsun@yahoo.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even worse it was my own fault, didn't rotate the thing before buying. Should have known better. Oh well. At least it's still rebuildable, but just don't want to put any money into it if I have the Z22 sitting there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.