weber 40 dfav1 carb

I picked up a 40 dfav1 carb on ebay a while back. I ordered a kit and got to it yesterday. The thing had sat with fuel in it forever and the pile of crap that I scraped out of it looked like a couple grams of meth. I had a hard time getting it to pump fuel since the diaphragm was a pos. I managed to use super glue to seal it up but it took forever to clear out the inlet port. I changed out all the jets to lean it down. Turns out that was a bad idea. I have been testing it on my 510 with a worn out L16 and a w53 head. as I changed the larger jets back in it ran better and better.

The thing is wicked! It still has a small instant hesitation but the faster you open it up the better the response. I cant believe how nice it revs on a basically stock l16. I am going to put it on the 521 with the big cam and I bet its gonna rip!

Basically its a larger dges 38 38. I would recommend either to anyone with a L series.:fu:

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic