L20 into 520

Hey, new to the site but well established to Datsuns, particularly 510 and 240. Wondering if anyone has any insight asto puttin a l20 into a 520. I have a 78 donor truck with a solid motor, 5 speed. I can see that it will be tight but i've got the pulley from a non-air conditioned and the fan with a back offset. I can modify motor mounts and trans mount, just would appreciate any imput before I begin as to any major issues. Also anyone interested in a J motor. Was a solid runner until my son over heated it. Still fires but blows alot of steam. thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you will have to fab new mounts, or get the L-series frame mounts and weld those onto your frame (this is the way I am going on my J13 521). You will also need to track down a 521 L16 oil pan, and the 521 L16 motor mounts if you do it "my" way. Its WAY easier to use an original short tail 4spd trans, the dogleg 5spd is next hardest, and anything long tail... well, good luck, its possible of course but a lot of trouble.