Au intake on l20b questions

thecamz

Hello I have searched on this question and couldn't find a good answer. The question is can an intake for the su20 engine from a datsun 2000 roadster be used on an l20b or other l series heads with modifications. I have seen some posts eluding to this being possible but haven't found anything on what needs to be done other than possibly cutting and shortening the balance tube. Can somebody shed some light on this? Pics would be nice if you have them. It is for a circle track car that currently has a two barrel Holley on a stock truck intake btw and would like to find a better solution. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The later Roadster has a U20 engine. The U20 comes with twin SUs or optional twin Solex side draft carbs? You mention su20 so I take it you want the Hitachi SU carb intake, then. Doesn't fit.

With enough modifications anything can be made to fit anything else. Absolutely! Is it simple? ..not at all. Ports on the U20 intake are oval, L heads are round, probably don't line up and neither will the mounting bolts.

I  would get a suitable L series intake from any U67 or W58 head L20B and cut where the twin ports merge into one runner. Make a suitable SU flange and weld it on. Boom! Fits an L head like it was made for it.. Or just get an L series SU intake. They show up every now and then.

• Like 1