73 "DOTTIE" 4x4 620 build thread

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I get everything full and bolted up and while putting in the anti-freeze I notice some dripping out the bottom WTF I guess the guy I got the motor fom liked to tinker and pulled the water pump then bolted it back on with no silicone(my bad I should have replaced the water pump anyway I know better)so back apart it comes and then back together .I am pretty amped about now I want to see how this thing runs so I know if I got a good motor or got burned.anyway I pull the plugs and turn it over for about 30 seconds then again I keep this up until I have good oil coming out on the cam bolt t all back up and turn IMG_0934_zpsgjfcamk8.jpgthe key,its turning over but nothing I try again same thing I start thinking and oh ya I pulled the coil wire during this prcess so plug it back in and she starts before it even does a full wind.COOL at least it runs so I let it get warm and start checking timing is 13 degrees not bad so I roll it to 10,adjust the carb I only change the idle 1/4 turn and mixture 1/2 turn in wow that was the easiest start u I ever did, so I take for alittle ride sounds pretty good going through the gears may even have a small cam idles with alittle lump.well I shut it off and start checking eveything looks good but I see some oil and it is coming out of the timing cover F...K well everything has to come apart AGAIN! but this is fun right.anyway time to start the bed.

• Like 1