720 wiring diagram? and altanator problem(s)

btd19m

i need the diagram for the up720 (81 dual cab L18 5 speed) and need to know why the alternators are slightly different from 81 to 82. i have a 40 amp with two wires (1 black 1 red both 6mm) the 82 king cab has a regulator and various wires coming off it

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can grab a photo. its just two wires 1 red 1 black. im so confused im using a single cab/king cab/620 set of books as i cant get anything for my dual cab. it doesnt even get a spot in the 720 workshop book.

Does your '81 have an external regulator too? If not then someone has altered that '82, maybe even changing the alternator. All our alternators from '78 on are internally regulated, yours??

7mIg5Ns.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/aD9MH3K.jpgkwPpPD3.jpg

yes my 81 has factory aircon on the l18. i need a bigger alt if i ever want to run the aircon.

Does your '81 have an external regulator too? If not then someone has altered that '82, maybe even changing the alternator. All our alternators from '78 on are internally regulated, yours??

tell me you know of a wiring diagram. i have a ball of cables 8 inches thick. 30 plus pos wires just taped to the back of the cluster. various other things that don't do anything. i have about 5 meters of cables just sitting around the motor and cab that aren't connected anywhere. 6 carb wires that don't do anything i think. the 620 diagram shows them but not what there for. 

carb wires are these 

DDuSwna.jpg

rAjUIrm.jpg