HEADER IDEAS PLEASE!

1970 Datsun 521

I posted about a year ago about a 1970 521 that I was putting a Z24 in. It is about 75% done, and I need to get a header to run to a new exhaust.

What company other than Pacesetter sells a header for a Z24? I have been looking but can't find too many companies. Any ideas? Thanks In advance!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well save your money, unless you have lots to spare and it's not an issue. The stock Z24 exhaust is no where near restrictive at any RPM that engine is capable of. You will never see any difference except that your wallet will be thinner.   

Spend the money on something that will give better bang for the buck. Like  new 32/36 Weber from Redline. Has everything needed, gaskets, adapter plate, linkage, air filter. Be sure to order it with electric choke and idle cut solenoid. Or run a 2" custom exhaust down pipe and a large turbo muffler.  Or both. This will easily give 2 or three times more go than a header.