Little bit of advice needed

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me. I recently bought a 521 with a j15 engine in it. It has no starter motor and I'm really struggling to find a replacement. My question is does anyone know of any others that will fir that are more readily available? Thanks in advance guys...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day. From Wikipedia

The larger (1.5-litre) J15 was introduced in the Datsun 521 truck in 1969 and saw use in various Nissan pickup trucks like the 620 and 720 in various overseas markets through the 1970s and 1980s. It was also used in certain sedans like the 710. It was also used in the PA321 Datsun Cabstar. The J15 produces 77 PS (57 kW; 76 hp).

You might try looking to see if starter motors for those alternate trucks are available in Oz. Good luck with your search.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure the A14/A15 engines used the same starter motor as the J15.

Ring Baz at Datsport, he should definitely know.

P.s. brother Aussie, chuck questions like this in the general technical or engine forum sections.

It makes it easier if people are searching for similar info in the future and is better forum etiquette (not that I would know) :)

/forum nazi

• Like 1