Seat mounts HELP

Hey all,

My current project is replacing my worn out seats.  Well, who looks at the seat bases when they buy a car.... well, not me. Anyway, I find out the mounts originally spot welded to the body have been cut out/pounded flat.  WTF I say.  SO I am asking for an assist.  Anyone have seats out that can measure the height the mounts are supposed to be?  Lside front back side side etc (four measurements on each seat)??  I am not so concerned with height because I can adjust up and down, my concern is the angle of the floor and height difference between left and right, front to back of each seat.  What have you all used to mount if you are/were in the same spot as me (no original mounts)? THanks to all in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that is what I would have to do.  But, I am not a welded of a fabricator (more a McGyver) type, so things like that can be tough.  Automotive Panel Craft in Australia makes them.  Seeing what they can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Shouldn't be too hard to have a piece of flat metal welded in between the trans tunnel and the inner rocker. I would suggest making it lower then stock to allow more head room. Then get any seats you want.

Shouldn't be too hard to have a piece of flat metal welded in between the trans tunnel and the inner rocker. I would suggest making it lower then stock to allow more head room. Then get any seats you want.

Thx.  May be the route I'm heading.