1986 720 Emissions

Gleyleloo

Does anyone know of a good guide, or have a good guide, on removing the emissions from a 1986 720? There is another forum at Nicco Club that has what seems to be an excellent one, but the images from Photobucket are not showing up. I'm fairly certain that my issues are coming from the emissions, or a bad vacuum leak somewhere. I have a Chilton Manual for "Pick-Ups and Pathfinder 1970-1988", but looking at all the diagrams and what not under emissions is like reading a completely different language to me.

Any direction and/or help would be greatly appreciated! 

1986 Nissan 720 ST [sport Truck] with Z24

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through the same thing with my 80. Unfortunately the pics I took won't help you on your Z motor.

Are you still running the original carb? After deleting the emissions on my truck, the carb never worked correctly and a Weber fixed it up. And in doing the carb change over, everything became much more clear.

That being said, you should be able to delete everything except the hose from carb to distributer and the one from your carbon can to the gas. If you are running an auto, you should leave the one off the manifold to the tranny as well. The rest can be capped.

If your still running stock carb. I would suggest replacing it with a Weber. They'll last longer, parts are available and there easy to maintain. It will also be easier to delete emissions. I have a Weber 38 and I deleted everything but the vacuum line from the carb. to the distributor cause that line is for the vacuum advance.