Weber 34 dhs 10

evgasr2

Hello fellow members ,

I have a peugeot 504 gl 1976 which I'm rebuilding .

All tinker works are over , my concern was with fuel consumption , it does only 5 - 6km a liter , it has a solex timima 32/35 carburetor. So I went ahead and bought a weber 34 dhs 10 carburetor from ebay.

It arrived yesterday. So I went ahead and installed it with old packing , I know there is a glitch with old one because one hole is little small so I cut it and made it bigger for only for primary barrel.

Then after letting fuel go though carburetor the car started , but it was kinda back firing something like stalling it would should from carburetor one in a while ( like a blasting sound ) forgive me , I don't know correct word to tell that .

When I slightly pressed the pedal down it would blast and stop?

Then I removed the two mixture screws found on both sides of the carburetor and blowed some air to it and installed it , then blasting thing stopped at idling but when I press the accelerator it blasts and stops.

I don't know what this is related in carb , it didn't do any adjustment.

This carburetor was removed from a 1800 ford 131 spider , also seller said it would work on my 2000cc 504, is there any special place that I should adjust?

But before I removed both the two mixture screws from both sides the car would blast once in a while in very short time but when I hold the butterfly somewhat closed it would accelerate a bit and would not blast.

Please help me ,

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a Datsun forum. We have many diverse members so perhaps someone here could help you.

I assume the engine is backfiring up and out the carburetor? Usually a sign of running lean if the engine is warmed up. If cold is there a choke setting? Motors run better rich when cold.

• Like 1