EGR block off

raser05

I am currently replacing l18 (1 and 2 low compression)with an l20b engine in my 74 620. It ran well in the 79 truck that it came out of 6 years ago. it has been sitting ever since then.. drained all the bad gas, blew the lines out and she fired right up.. ran a little ruff, I guess I expected that,, happy tho, It ran..my guess was the stock carb was the culprit as it was leaking gas from the front cover gasket.. so I ordered a rebuild kit from rock auto for 10 bucks just for the gasket, then I ordered a weber carb adapter just in case.I have a what I believe is an old 32/36 dveg forma vw bug.. (someone please tell me if this will work). anyway ...She started up ,no more leaks from the front cover, the only wire I hooked up out the the four coming from the 1979 stock carb was the electric choke..It ran pretty ruff. So off with the Hitachi and on with the weber. So I looked all over the net for a EGR block off plate. seen a lot for the KA's but none for the l series. So I awoke this morning without a plan for a cover and this is what I came up with..

first off I want to say that I am in no way a welder/fabricator or anything near. I do own a metal chop saw,grinder and a little wire feed welder. and this is my block off cover...cut from the original piece, filled  the egr hole with weld.. ground down flat, went to lowes and grabbed 3/8 to 1/4 90 and the a cupler to fit the egr valve and BAM! block off plate completed for under 10 bucks.. Now I have to figure out what to do with the 3/4 copper like line coming from the back of the exhaust manifold.. Ideas? 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic