Naps z24 issues

izzo

Alright..

I can't figure out what the fuck is going on with my truck.

Started yesterday.  I hit a large bump on the beach.. started running like ass soon as I hit it...  Not enough power to move it, wouldn't idle, barely would run if i feathered the fuck out of the throttle and only on the top of the throttle...

Few minutes later, it was fine.  I checked everything i could... Has gas, obviously has spark as it was running, even tho shitty.  It just cleared up and went away.  I removed emissions last night, got it all tuned again... went and mashed down the road, same fucking thing again!

I can't figure out what's going on.  after a few minutes it was fine again...  I've verified the fuel pump is working, i checked, no vacuum leaks, while it was running like shit I grabbed and shook the shit out of the wiring to see if it had a bad ground, nothing....  I verified the little anti-run on was working when it was running like shit to rule that out, i checked ground on dizzy.. its fine, I removed white wire on dizzy so all plugs fire same time, still does it.... 

Few mintues goes by... and it runs fine again.. I can't figure out wtf is going on, and I can't keep having this happen. Every bump I hit the thing shits out and leaves me in the middle of the road.

Need some ideas, things to check, a solution would be awesome... 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. think micro wins the internet on that one.

must have been hitting those bumps and shit would fling up and get stuck in the jet.  it cleared itself out and hasn't done it since.

Time to replace filter nad lines.  inspected, filter looked clean, however lines were soft like a sponge.  they are original and need replaced. i've been the last week playing on the beach. must have been sand getting in there