vg30e going into my 510 injector wiring quesions

Enrique20

i am currently working on a 86 nissan 300zx eengine harness and i am trying to connect the fuel injector wires back together and i cant seem to comprehend whats going on, the injector wires go  from 6 wires spliced into two wires and the wires coming from the ecu which are supposed to be connected the injector themselves according to the diagram and dont seem to go anywhere, i cant seem to find the cables coming from the engine that correspond to cables coming from the ecu which is a pain in the rear end.

an y help would be great

i attached pictures of what i am talking about

IMAG0615.jpg

IMAG0612.jpg

re.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Nissan did an injector replacement campaign/recall in the past. When they replaced the injectors, they also rewired them for bank fire. So, what you may be seeing in the diagrams could be confusing you in that respect? 

A good place to ask these type questions is z31performance.com if you get no help here.

Yes, that is part of the service campaign back then. New injectors and one bank of the no.3 injector and one bank of the no.4. I undid mine and ended up re-doing the mod to clean up my harness by getting rid of the other injector and power wires.

Read here!

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.injector.recall.shtml

Yes, that is part of the service campaign back then. New injectors and one bank of the no.3 injector and one bank of the no.4. I undid mine and ended up re-doing the mod to clean up my harness by getting rid of the other injector and power wires.

Read here!

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.injector.recall.shtml

Interesting. I wish I had read that prior to re-rapping the harness on mine. Could have removed alot of extra wires. I may still do it as I have not installed the harness into the car yet. 

Thanks for sharing.