New to me 1974 620

CraigB

Hello, new to Ratsun, but not to Nissans. I've had a couple Nissan trucks over the years, but always wanted a Datsun.

A few weeks back one of our employees said her dad had "an old Datsun truck" that had gone through the May 2011 Joplin, Mo. tornado and he wanted to see it used again. So my dad and I hitched up to the trailer and went and picked the old girl up.

20131230_121807_zpsr09szcpl.jpg

20131230_121825_zps0tm8bp5d.jpg

As you can see it faired better than many of the cars that went through that EF5 tornado. Though it did take out all the glass. The rust seems pretty typical for the area.

The plan is to put some glass in it and use it at our business.

I put a battery in the truck, let the electric fuel pump full the carb and it fired right off. Though the clutch system needs work (pedal goes straight to the floor). Did get it started and took it around the block.

So that leads me to a couple questions. Where can I get glass for this poor truck? And a couple hubcaps? One is missing and one took a direct debris hit.

Thanks guys, really looking forward to putting this truck back to work.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic