S13 flares on a S30 ?

boonedock saints

Gents,

Getting close to putting this year long project on the road, the twins (my sons) and I are looking for flares for the 260, and it most are out of price range for the boys.

I have found some S13 flares for a decent price, just not sure if they can work. Keep in mind this IS a Rat styled Z, no care about custom work, chopping screwing, welding to get the car how they invision it.

The car has come a long way since we last visisted the site, and everyone here has been very helpful and cool, compared to ANY other site.

Thanks Bob

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do know the ZG flairs front & rear are a little different. The ones you show in the e bay add look to all be the same.

But you said that you don't care about modding them, So I say go for it. It should work. Plus they look to have a small lip drop on the leading edge.

I like that.

Datrod,

thanks for the confirmation, going to pull the big dollar purchase on these...lol....(twins money). Once their on Ill post pics, this will allow us to start driving the damm thing.

Its really starting to look good/nasty, replace the whole front steering componets, coil over all around, camber adjusters all around, fresh motor and trans...we still need panels and carpet...or do we..?..lol.

but yeah its gettin closer....by the way Im from Riverside...yes I said that out loud.

• Like 1

Boonedock.

Have you ever cut a car for flairs? The front is no big deal, But the rear is. The unibody design is not that easy to do. Just make sure you leave enough of the outer body to roll under to the inner body. You will need to weld the two sections back together. Trust me I know!!!. 

Plus there is some kind of black rubber like stuff in between the two halfs. Shit will burn if your not careful. When I did my Z years ago I used a piece of 1/2 round bar and had it bent to fit the fender cut out section. Then I tac welded the two halfs back together. 

I can take a few pictures if you want so you can see what I'm talking about. 

And yeah it's OK to be from Riverside.  :rofl:

Datrod,

I have had some time to read and watch some videos of people doing the rears, and made myself aware that the rear wells are structual, and can seprate, rust and cause many problems in time if not welded back.

Trying to think of whats easier after the cut though, leaving extra outter well material to bend over or using some steel roll and just cutting even, again not trying to make it art work, but keep the theme going with strong mechanical operation and function, and not so much cosmetics. Ill save the art work for MY Camaro.

If you have a few pics that would be nice.

The wheels....lol....pretty classic story on those. They are 15x10 with a 4.0 or 4.5 BS. I was at som old used tire place just diggin around looking for said rim, thinking no way will I find these with 4 lug...the guy asked me what I was looking for, and then BAMM I have these, 150.00 for all 4...I dont think my sons realize how lucky they are to find an orignal set of wheels like these for the price.

Anyway, yeah post some pics.

Cool, Sounds like you did your homework. I know some people don't. Anyway here a couple of pic's of my car. And no these are not the tires I run on it. Just rollers.

20140102_152318_zpscef2e797.jpg

20140102_152339_zps64204bac.jpg

Ahh, yes the roll looks factory, I just pulled the trigger on the flares yesterday, 165.00 total cost...not too bad I guess. I still need to make adjustment s to the rear to get it down a bit more. 

so Im guessing by the time they get here it may be another 2 weeks or so before I get the rear done. Ill post some pics.

Thanks for your help