NEEDED: '86-'88 D21 2.4L Engine Shots

Okey dokey, so another D21 is in the works with a remanufactured engine, 2.4L Z24, NOT KA24E.

What I have is the remanufactured eninge and all engine related accessories (i.e. crank pulleys, flywheel, torque converter, oil pan, distributor, valve cover, main coolant hoses, intake manifold, carburetor, exhaust manifold, starter, alternator, pwr steering pump, AC pump, and brackets for all above mentioned.) Nothing mechanically wrong with the truck besides the fact that it had toasted a carrier bearing and a rod bearing. I have taken the remanufactured short-block Z24 and gasketed, torqued, and bolted everything to it that I can and still be able to manuver it into the truck for installation.

Well, I ripped a motor mount in half and am currently waiting on 2 new ones so I figure with the down time I have I need to formulate and attack plan for how to hook this sucker up. (I was not involved in removal of the motor, but it is clear that most hoses were not marked, and most wires were simply unplugged).

I am sure I could play the trial-and-error game with the handful of lines I am not sure about, buuut I would rather have something for reference.

Some of the hoses were cut at the barbs, some removed, some NEED to be replaced. Most of the wiring is simple enough with patterned disconnects.

I am also wondering if a maintenance manual on D21s would help much?

BUT I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate some pictures of anyone's z24 setup. preferably in a hardbody, preferably 86-88 model, preferably automatic trans.

ANY AND ALL ANGLES/PHOTOS ARE APPRECIATED!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an 87 D21. If you still need pictures, let me know where and what you need taken. My napz is still in the work of alot of TLC, but its all there. The wiring harness is quite jacked up but it starts. I just got the vehicle about 8 months ago in a barn down in Bisbee, AZ with a blown clutch. After putting a new clutch by LuK in, she runs and ran me across the US to the east coast with 189xxx miles on it. I would like to see pictures of your engine - this is the first z24i i've had and I really want to put some work and performance into it. possibly an off road vehicle.