which wheel hub.

usmc210

I am building 280zx coilovers and have the strut assembly but now i need a hub and breaks bla bla bla.  Can I use my old ones off my 510 or do I need 280zx ones. I can't seem to find anyone who is selling new ones and have only found over priced old ones.  I check junk yards around here with now luck. Any help? 

-Shawn

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Z31 (early 300zx) hubs will fit, but they put the wheels back out 1/2" near the stock location, versus the 280zx hubs that pull the wheels in 3/4" from the stock location.  I've got a set of the z31 hubs I've decided not to use.  I've got $52 in them, if your interested in those.

Looks like one would have to remove/modify the backing plate to run the wider Z31 hub on the left?

As far as I can see, the backing plate doesn't interfere with the hub..... But now that I have them all together to compare, the 280zx rotor won't work, because it won't line up with the caliper. Hmm, that wasn't mentioned in the article I read about using the 300zx hub.  I'm wondering now if you have to use the 300zx rotor with it.....

usmc210, I'd suggest just finding a set of 280zx hubs.  I just read somewhere on one of the Facebook pages about a Z car graveyard in Missouri....  I've been searching, but I can't find it now...

Here is a different yard:   http://tricities.craigslist.org/pts/4128911253.html