Datsun 720 Build Thread, Kinda

camsta97

Ok first things first i bought this amaizing piece of machinery back in march 2013, i think and it safe to so it has made me poor ;) but in my own doing so i decided hey why not make a thread that i can keep all of my vehicles, modifications and a collection of photos all together for people so see :), im 16 and a bit years old and this is my first ute i'm one of those people to do all the mechanical and electrical work my self to hopefully better myself with cars :) anyway enough of my life story and onto the thread

Firstly a picture of the ute in general

MOR6Vht.jpg

First thing i've done was install a sexy new steering wheel (don't let the photo fool you is it a right hand drive its just affected by the mirror effect

HWRPt3J.jpg

What 16 year old wouldn't want a subwoofer in their car? even if it is a 4x4

dYRVYSL.png

I then decided to put some new tail lights in

Before

DPsdZuL.jpg

After

cTHxy8S.png

Then last thursday my alternator decided to crap out on me putting in a good 15-16 volts into my battery which casually just boiled it literally

Old alternator

YnvIH79.jpg

New alternator

S7m9GuY.png

My boiling battery

yIwBMWq.jpg

Video of the alternator test (will add tomorrow) (and i had the engine control fuse in the wrong slot, everything runs fine now :))

I have done some more mods such as cutting the tray and things but i did those early on, which is partially why i made this thread so i can keep up to do in posting things ive done to it, and get your guys feedback on the correct ways to do things because i've only just started :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...