85 720 Weatherstripping

720RATSUN

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay.... it's where I got all mine.  Door, window, windshield and back glass.

But make sure your truck isn't actually leaking through the vent that is under the cowl and feeds outside air into the blower.

Mine rusted out quietly and completely hidden, always wondered where the water came from.

It's NOT obvious, and you really have to look for it, hope that's not it because that's a tough spot to gain access to for repair.

Ideally..... cut out all the rotted metal and weld in new.

It's such a pain to get to that I'm actually thinking of finding a better truck or cab.

I may try making a mold and pouring resin in there as well.  There is just no room to do much else.

Mine rusted out same place. I found the location by pulling the carpet, drying everything and then dumping buckets of water. I was able to reach in the vent at the back of the hood and plug mine with silicone sealant. It was a royal pita but worth it.

Yeah, royal grande PITA! 

They actually used a foam rubber gasket in there and then spot welded the air horn in place before the paint went on.  Once the water finds it's way into a flaw in the paint, the gasket gets soaked, holds moisture and the rest is history. 

Silicone will fix the "leak" but not the ongoing rot.