Ignition Switch Fuse Plug Warming Up on a 1970 1600 Datsun Roadster

priest

A little while back I did a boneheaded thing and reversed my battery terminals when reinstalling my battery.

After fixing the fuse plug to the dash harness (melted down completely), I have an operating vehicle once again with some new items to tackle: 

1. My Ammeter is now reading a positive charge continuously and spikes to about 15 Amps when the headlights are on. All other Electrical items discharge the Ammeter, as it should be. I am assuming that it took some damage, although all systems work normal.

2. My left turn signal operates normally, but my right turn signal does not. The right Turn Signal Relay clicks intermittently when activated. Fuse is intact. The Emergency signaling works fine, so I assume the right relay also has some damage as well (since it worked fine before the mistake.)

3. Lastly, and most concerning, my Dash Harness Fuse Plug attachment to my ignition switch starts to warm up after about 3 minutes of turning the engine on. I have never felt this before. It isn't blazing hot, but warm to the touch which increases slowly over time. Is this normal?

Looking for answers

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic