Twin 46mm SU on A14 engine???

PinoyDat210

I have read in one of the carb wiki's in datsun 1200 that the 46mm su's are too big. But i also took into consideration that the informations is based of the b110 with the smaller stock a12 engine. I want to build a manifold and use the twin su's alongside a turbo, with an electric fuel pump and petronix ignitor, ported/ gasket matched intake, exhaust and cylinder head with a 2.5 OD exhaust. Is the a14 capable of using the 46mm venturi's or is that overkill?? the reason i ask is because i picked up a 280zx and im thinking about swapping the carbs, radiator and dash into my b210. Also is it possible to use the r2000 differential as well, to replace my h150? Would it be possible to use the pumpkin and axles to bolt into the b210??

I'm just very curious seeing how i have the parts, i would just like to be furthe informed.

Thanks 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual 46mm SUs are used on the L24 six cylinder which is 1,00cc or 71% large than the A14. So you tell me. A single 46mm SU would work for a draw through system on an A14.

SU were not available on the 280z or the 280zx so you might want to check out that motor... maybe swapped?

2.5" exhaust is insanely large. A 1 3/4 would be tons large enough maybe 2" but I think too big. Assuming your B-210 has a 1 3/4" exhaust pipe going to a 2.5" will increase the area by A 1 3/4 pipe has a cross sectional area of 2.4 sq in. Increasing to a 2" pipe increases the cross section to over 3 sq in. That's a 30% increase in flow. More than enough and cheaper. Myself I would keep the stock exhaust and get a lower restriction 'turbo' muffler, but not one of those fart cans.

Stock fuel pump is adequate, even with a turbo.

As to the R200 replacing the H-150. A simple look at them will answer this question.

• Like 2