My 710 project ( hopefully)

Im in talks right now with a member here to buy his 76 Datsun 710. Been looking for one for years and never been able to find what I need and want . My very first car  was a 74 710 coupe and had a ball. Spent a fortune and was a very fast car capable of 110 mph in the 1/4 mile. This one will be over the top. 

Im not buying motor or tranny cause what I have in mind will make some of you think im full of crap but I have planed this for a while. What im planning is to turn this car into a pro street car. Already in talks with a local chassis builder who is going to back half the car. That means gutting everthingfrom the start of the rear seat and making your own frame . Plan on putting in a 8.8 in ford rearend narrowed to accept a set of 13-15 in wide tires . the power plant will be a 351 based dart block with a consertive 400-450 hp. A auto tranny will back this . Now this is just a very quick description of my plans . I do not tke this lightly . I know what im getting into as I but a 8 year project similar  to this with my son on his truck. For the purists I am not and would never cut a  mint car for this project. The car im looking at is not the best shape in floor boards  frame  and some body panels. So in all reality it possibly would be scrapped. If this project moves on I will be updating as I go.

Thank yo all

NEIL ELDER

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic