• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that and thought man the inside must be trashed for $500

Yeah, I think its very hard to find one of these that are not trashed and is a project, and if its a nice one, everyone wants too much money  I figure that guys vinyl poptop was yucky, so thats why he built the frame on the top.

Mine was trashed on the inside when the guy I got it from bought it..  The whole back end was rotted out from it leaking, including the framing, cabinets, walls, floor and bottom of the back door.  Luckily the vinyl pop top was still in good shape...  He tore most of the camper apart and had to redo the floor with some marine grade plywood, put all new framing and walls in the back end, new insulation etc.  It also needed a bit of fiberglass work to the back end.  All the wood framing and sheeting on the roof had to be replaced too!  I dont really like the way the guy did everything, but it is functional.  I need to figure out something out with the counterttop, maybe put in some formica around the stove and sink.  Maybe stain the wood on the cabinets he made.  Replace the shitty carpet he installed.... 

These things almost always have roof leaks if you dont keep about 8 screws it has on the top of the fiberglass roof sealed with caulking.  I am gonna get rid of the caulking this summer and replace it with some eternabond tape.

There is a Toyota Chinook that has been on CL for a few weeks at 3500 (pretty good shape but no fridge and not sure about the furnace) that it seems the guy cant sell.  He wants too much for it, as I bought mine for less than that.