Can/am Box problems....

Fozzy510

so maybe someone here can help me... so i have can/am box for a while now worked perfect... i drive the car pretty much every weekend. I went to start it today and nothing. So i saw when i turned the key on none of the lights on the can/am box lit up. So i checked my key power, got 12v, checked my line coming from the battery 12v, check the screw where u mount the wire to the chip and im only getting 5v with key off and 0v with key on and all the fuses are still good. i have not checked the relays yet but i hear one or two clicking when i turn the key over........ does anyone have any idea what it could be? i have not touch anything on the car in like 2 months. Like i said i just drove the car last weekend with no problems.. let me know. Thanks for the help guys.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did pm icehouse on friday.. hasnt responded yet. the wire is bolted to the board, so how could it be a bad solder? i thought the wire i was using had a short somewhere so i have already replaced it and when i recall looking at the board nothing looked out of place or broken. maybe the wire eyelet isnt getting a good connection on the board?? also no leds are lighting up when i turn the key either.

maybe the board has a cracked trace.??? Inspect closely   soemtimes a cold solder joint will do this.

the +12 feed should go to the box/board and trace to there. if low voltage on otherside there is your drop and FIX.

I bet if you pull it out and just ohm ck the traces from the entry point(=12 side to the main points youll find the proplem.

If your  Key ON wire is sending 12volts then you know the key switch is working. then its on the board/Box its not telling the relays to energize.

Maybe the Quality has gone down.

I took a photo of the crew making them.To keep the cost down, I dont think they solder qualified.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJke2Kv6NRQk0A_quJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dchimps%2Bworking%26_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3Dchimps%2Bworking%26fr%3Dush-mail%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D45&w=408&h=256&imgurl=www.aidanhiggins.com%2Fimages%2Fchimps.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsportcaragenciamentos.com.br%2Fchimps-together&size=103.2KB&name=%3Cb%3EChimps+%3C%2Fb%3ETogether&p=chimps+working&oid=ad1f1923d519ede951b19bc82fe292e1&fr2=&fr=ush-mail&tt=%3Cb%3EChimps+%3C%2Fb%3ETogether&b=31&ni=112&no=45&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11j61ibcq&sigb=13t6s75kv&sigi=116g4redj&.crumb=ZTIpZX2Jiar&fr=ush-mail

• 2 weeks later...