F10 Larger Tires? SPORTWAGON

I still have my 1978 F10 "SportWagon" and am fix'in to put new tires on it!  The "book" says to run 155SR13 and those are the "bicycle" tires that are on the car now.....155's seem to be real hard to find and the "book" also says that "ON THE HATCHBACK" one can run165/70 13...Will the 165/70 13's work on the "SportWagon"?? Has anyone ever run them and if so...how did they work? There doesn't seem to be much room inside of the wheel well.....? Ideas? Suggestions?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I have a humpback F10, not a goon, my info may not help you, but it doesn't look like you are getting swamped with answers.  I have 165/80/13s on the rear of my F10.  I have about two fingers width clearance between the bottom front and rear of the fender arch, and the same clearance from the back of the tire to the strut. No idea how much difference there is between 80 profile and 70 profile. I suspect the 70 will be a bit shorter in overall height, but a little wider across the width. I have 155/80/13 in front. They look like wheel barrow tires!

I don't know what size 13 tires I may have mounted around here. I've switched to 14s on the 510 and 200SX. I might find something 165/70/13 on a Datsun wheel I could try on the F10. Although I'm not sure the offset on earlier Datsun 13" wheels is the same as F10 wheels.

Do you have a Pull n Save near you? You might find a 165/70/13 on a 310 or early Sentra that you could buy and try. Again, I don't know about the offset of those compared to the F10 wheel.

Len