Datsun 510 Wagon for Sale on the East Coast Maryland/ Washington, DC

1972 Datsun 510 Wagon - Original Survivor - Under 88,000

miles.

Wagon_Pics_on_Arrival_0092.jpg

More pics here:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3495

(Suburbs of Washington, D.C.)

Up for sale is a very nice Datsun 510 wagon. The car is very straight and

unmolested. It runs and drives well and is very reliable.

For a 36 year old car, it is in very good condition.

Recent work done:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this wagon on ebay a while back. Nice wagon!

Yes. The deadbeat bidder from Mexico City wasted my time. Took me 2 weeks to get eBay to finally credit me back my money.

Saw those rust spots in the floor boards, do they reach into the center supports on the floor?

I may have noticed that it was undercoated in the chassis pics? I also noticed the rust spots I mentioned above look like they have reached farther under the skin of the red paint? I might be interested, depends on what info you come back with for me...

Otherwise, looks pretty nice! :rolleyes:

Saw those rust spots in the floor boards, do they reach into the center supports on the floor?

I may have noticed that it was undercoated in the chassis pics? I also noticed the rust spots I mentioned above look like they have reached farther under the skin of the red paint? I might be interested, depends on what info you come back with for me...

I will take a close look tomorrow and let you know.

I spent a bit of time today checking out the rust on the wagon floorboards. If you know 510s, then you know that the factory put a thick tar pad on the floors to help with sound deadening. This is the area that you refer to as red paint. I peeled back some of the loose tar pad to reveal the metal of the floor. On the drivers side, the floors are solid all around the hole shown in the picture. If I was doing the repair, I would cut the hole out square about 3" x 3" and weld in a patch. It does not go to the center rail.

Wagon_Pics_on_Arrival_0051.jpg

On the passenger side, the area around the hole is about the same as the drivers side. A nice square patch should take care of that main hole. As you can see by the photo I took today, there is a bit more rust where the floorboard meets the lower part of the firewall. It was hidden under the carpet and the tar pad. It also looks like someone had put some putty in there to fix it at one time. Maybe the guy I bought it from.

Wagon_Pics_on_Arrival_0072.jpg

Unkike the guy I bought it from, I will be honest and let any potential buyers know the real condition of the car.

It had been sitting in my driveway for about 2 weeks and it fired right up today. I let it warm up for a few minutes and then took if for a short drive just to get a better feel for it.

The cars drives strong. Engine provides smooth power. It does ping a bit under hard acceleration (cheap or old gas?) It does not smoke and there were no leaks from what I saw in the driveway after I moved it. It shifts nicely and the brakes stop well. It wanders a little at above 40mph (tie rods maybe) and there are a few annoying rattles. One is the radio and one sounds like it is coming from the rear hatch area. This car can be a driver now as you work on the issues. It feels relaible enough for a decent length trip. I did notice that the temp/fuel gauge and the radio are not working. I know that the radio was working before.

Bring me your best offer. I am going to be losing money on this as the previous owner, Bryan Barc in Michigan, lied to me about the condition and I paid more then I should have for it. I hate to part it out but I will not lose too much. I know how much I can get in parts for it. It would be a shame to cut it up.

My wife says it had to go or I do so come and save this wagon.

I sold the Wagon today. 8-3-08

We now have a new member to the 510 community here on the east coast. He is a great guy and has the welding and mechanical skills to make this wagon one to be proud of. I look forward to a long friendship with the new owner. His Name is Mike and I hope he joins this site and tells us all about the plans and progress on his new wagon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.