welder needed!!

Its that time of year! TAX RETURNS!!!!

I'm looking for someone in the Portland area to do some welding on my GF's goon. Currently it has a gaping hole in the passenger side floor. I already have a new floor for it I just need someone to do the welding. 

Id like to see pic's of what you have done so i have faith in your skills, please PM me with bids or questions. I'm more than happy to take pics of anything you need. 

P.S. - Mods - if this is in the wrong spot feel free to move it 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would get the car prepped for welding then repost. 

being an active welder I see hours of undercoat and sound deadener  removal needing to be done even before i could determine how much work is there and weather or not there is metal for the floor pan to be attached to.

looking at the seat riser and the amount of rust jacks in the area i would think that the jacks continue to the inner rocker.

its nice and cold in the pacific nothwest and should take no time to remove the factory sound deadener. then use a scraper, stiff brush and mineral spirits to remove the undercoating. it would be best to drill out the spot welds and remove the offending floor pan.  then all you would need the welder for is tacking the new pan in place.   

as your car sits i would say the same thing i tell everyone who comes to me for rocker repair  on a painted complete car......$5000 will get you started and i will only be taking it to primer.

the more prep you can do the less the welder has to do at an hourly rate

hear is an example of a small paint bubble that led to 2ft of the rocker needing to be replacedDSCN0628ff_zps6205d354.jpgPC290006ff_zpsd6fac490.jpg

thank you for the advice! I've had a "professional" look at it and tell me what needs done in order to complete the repair and i wouldn't mind the amount he quoted me but i know there is some broke ratsuners willing to work for cash, i also don't have the space to prep the car until i move out of my apartment 

I hear ya, apartment life sucks. granted im trailer trash, however I do have a 30x40ft shop attached to my home on wheels.

be careful most ticketed welders usually journeymen cant weld datsun Swiss cheese. 1in plate is easy compared to welding cigaret tin foil

good luck with the project

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.