A little help with my coilovers install/setup....510

macgyver

Just want to check if I missed anything since I believe I might have a little play on the top hat side of the strut, I will be changing out the ball joints this week so I want to double check the install sequence of the top hat with the bearing and washers..

As it is now I have an older style camber plate with what looks/feels like a rubber "sleeve" that my tokico insert slips up into,

From the top hat of the coil, it's the spring retainer/hat where the spring seats in, then the bottom washer for the bearing, bearing, then top washer for the bearing?? This is where I'm thinking I'm missing a washer...

Should there be another thicker washer on top of the bearing washer before it slips up and in the the rubber boot of the camber plate? And then just tighten the top nut on the insert of course.

Any insight would be great...

Thanks..

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what a 2nd washer would do for you. The reason for the the washer on either side of the thrust bearing is so it has a hard surface to roll on. Since most of the hats and camber plates are aluminum they would wear grooves in them very quickly so instead they roll on the washer. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me. Also, a pic is always helpful.