Question About Shocks

DATSTON

My 4" lowering blocks came in and I will be installing them over the weekend and reindexing my front torsion bar.  I am wondering if i should go ahead and order some shorter shocks already.  I'm thinking of going with Toxic shocks as some have recommended.  Will i benefit much from getting them for the fronts as well?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you will. If you have original shocks then it will make a world of difference with new ones. Shorter shocks are better so they don't bottom out on the bumpstops so it's still a smooth ride. Or you could raise your shock towers.some people get pinto shocks which really aren't much shorter but still are a bit. Also kyb gas adjust are nice shocks . Post pics of the work this weekend!! Love to see it

will do.  i dont know if i would want to go with the pinto shocks and raising the shock towers.  seems like a lot of work when i can just replace them with shorter shocks instead.  i think ive seen toxic shocks going for about $35 a pop, which isn't too bad.  I work over the weekend as well, but ill definitely get started on it.  I just dont know if ill have enough time to finish everything.  I'm new to the datsun world too, so ill have to figure things out as i go.  thanks for the help.

im looking at the toxic shocks on summit racing and its asking for the amount lowered.  if im installing 4" lowering blocks, do i order shocks that are 4" shorter?  sorry if this is a dumb question.  

this is where it gets confusing.

this is listed as the 4" lowering shocks.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/exp-418520/overview/make/nissan

Extended Length (in):18.660 in.

Collapsed Length (in):11.520 in.

this is listed as the 2" lowering shocks.
Extended Length (in):13.350 in.

Collapsed Length (in):9.010 in.

so why are the 2" lowering shocks shorter than the 4" lowering shocks?