1972 Datsun 510 Portland, OR $4800/best

I've posted it on craigslist:

I never thought I'd end up as one of those guys with unfinished projects, but here I am...

I picked up this blueish 510 in NE Oregon about 10 years ago. It has a clean Oregon title, is straight, and rust-free to the best of my knowledge, the latter due to the climate in NE Oregon. It has 92682 miles on the clock which I believe to be original, due to how well the doors shut, how good of condition the body is, etc. My intention was always to 'some day' do a resto-mod of some kind, but that clearly hasn't happened. Someone attempted to repaint it at some point, I wish they had left it factory. But you'll be hard-pressed to find a better base from which to start a project from. 1.6 appears to be factory, though a dog-leg transmission has been installed. It started, ran, drove and stopped well when I stored it. At present it is not registered or insured. If I recall correctly, there is an issue with the ignition and/or starter solenoid; last time I started it I ended up using a screwdriver to bridge the terminals. In addition to the car, the buyer will receive all the Datsun parts that I have accumulated over the years, except for what I need to complete a second, different 510. These included parts are extensive, and include but are not limited to, new and complete set of replacement rubber and weatherstripping, as well as a NOS (new old stock) dash pad. $4800/best

And if you're in the market for a painted and prepared caged shell (the previously mentioned car I need to finish, originally intended for rally; Group 2), or 2386cc race motor (L20head/Z22 block/Z24 crank with cut-down counterweights), that is separate conversation we can have.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3548278976.html

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.