R1 carb manifold

xtrememotorworks

Seeing all the talk about R1 carbs, would anyone be interested in a billet manifold that accepts stock R1 carbs/flanges?

Also being new to Datsun and most likely going to a new motor in my 1200 and not researching much, can someone break down what heads are the same or most common for the swap?

Was thinking it would be a fun project and if it just paid for itself i would be happy/

What would you pay for a billet manifold like this one pictured, same machine shop would be doing mine...

259810_365690840191790_162726269_n.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless youre a DIY guy, I think the current manifolds are mostly Bogg Brothers out of the UK. Its not quite as fancy as that, but quality is high with a price of about $300 I believe. Reading through the R1 thread, it seems like manu cannot afford that. Im not too sure you would get your moneys worth out of making a run of those. 

@xtrememotorworks, doesn't your 1200 have a A14 motor? Most guys in the R1 thread are running L series or KA motors.

I don't think anybody has done it on a A14 before.

If you get a good price on an L series manifold, I'm sure many people would be interested in buying them domestic.  I've been wanting to buy the manifold from bogg bros for a while. 

@xtrememotorworks, doesn't your 1200 have a A14 motor? Most guys in the R1 thread are running L series or KA motors.

I don't think anybody has done it on a A14 before.

If you get a good price on an L series manifold, I'm sure many people would be interested in buying them domestic.  I've been wanting to buy the manifold from bogg bros for a while. 

Ya my motor is whatever it came with, thought maybe A12? Like I said I havnt dont much research since I was going to go wth a SR20 turbo. So you think there is the most demand for an L series motor?

Price depends on how many I can sell. If I can get 10-15 made I thinkI can get them down to about $275.00

@ xtrememotorworks,  I do not know which motor has more demand for these manifolds.  There is no one that currently makes a manifold for the A series motor that I know of, it may be a good product to produce.

On the other hand, there are people who want R1's on L series as well ( like my self).   I would love to buy an R1 mani for $275 !! 

I'd suggest asking on a 1200 forum and see what the response is like.