S130/280zx Maxima 810/910 front suspension control arms and struts

Hello Ratsun,

I know how few 810/910 owners are out there, but maybe someone can help me out.

I would like to install a set of 1982 280zx turbo front struts onto my 82 910. The lower ball joints are completly different.

My goal is to be able to run 280zxt front brakes, which will allow me to run AZcar or silvermine big front brakes for when I get an RB under the hood. I learned as most do that being able to stop is as important as going fast with my 260Z RB25 swap. Im pretty limited with the stock front 910 struts.

I dont know for sure yet, but it looks like the lower control arms from the S130 will fit so long as I use the strut, steering arm, brakes, and lower control arm from the S130 on the 910. The biggest difference is the ball joint and that prevents the use of the strut on the 910 from the S130.

Anyone know if what Im trying to do will work and if someone makes an S130 adjustable control arm?

I checked Techno Toy Tuning. I just bought a ton of their S30 suspension parts for my 260Z but they do not yet offer a control arm for the S130.

Also I found that my rack appears to be the same as the power rack in the S130 so Im assuming the bushings are the same? Something must be different as Energy doesnt seem to offer a set for the 910 but they do for the 280zx.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic