B210 Fuel Level Sender Unit

Mike210

Hi yall,

Ever since I acquired my 1978 B210 GX, the fuel gauge has not worked properly at all.

I dropped the tank and pulled out the sender. It was a littler worn and there was significant wear on the rubbing contacts. While it was out of the tank, but still wired, I was able to get it to work momentarily. I cleaned it up some more and stuck it back in.

Unfortunately, it still did not work once it was re-assembled.

I've been trying to find a replacement, and have not had any luck at all. This is not a part that gets replaced very often apparently.

I'm planning to drop my tank and have a go at trying to fix the old one again, but if anyone knows where I can get a replacement, that would probably be best.

I'd prefer a much newer replacement, since an old one will most likely be in the same condition as the one I have now.

I've tried Rock Auto, Ebay, and local parts stores.

Thanks.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased one a few years ago off ebay. Shipment was from Kuwait for $25.00 plus shipping. I do not remember the merchant name though.

Try searching for a 120Y Fuel Sending Unit or Pickup Sending Unit. I had to just keep searching till one came up.

• 2 months later...

mine was acting erratic so I pulled it yesterday and could see that the contact point was not making good contact with the resister that it rides on. ended up bending one of the stopper tabs slightly out of the way (the top one i think)  this allowed the contact arm to move up past the resister so I could put a little more bend to it. put the contact arm back down on the resister and rebent the stopper tab and reinstalled. gauge works perfect now