Seat rehab, refurb help/suggestions needed

OkieRA29

Okay, bought these out of a mid eighties Izuzu I Mark Turbo at one of the local yards. 25$ a piece out the door, so condition was over looked. Onto the pics

photo-2.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Stuff on the sides says these are Recaro Vintage 1984 L/LX/LS series seats. As you can see, condition is not great to say it nicely. Any help in locating parts would be great. This is the passenger's seat, which is in much better condition than the driver's side. Of course, since they are recaros, I could use this one as the driver's...

I need to find at least the lower bolsters for this seat and both the lower and upper bolsters for the other. Fabric is not a big deal as I plan to recover any seats I had bought. There is a place in England that offers parts, but they are way expensive without shipping. Anybody have any stateside sources for these?

I have thought about building the bolsters myself. A local foam shop gave me some decent prices on foam to carve the bolsters myself. All told, from the shop, the foam would run me around 60$ or so for enough to do both seats.

If I can find the proper bolsters for say 120$ for the 6, that would be simpler and less time consuming. Options for seat brackets would help as well.

Thanks guys

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was able to grab the bolsters out of a mid 80s E series BMW. They look like they will work. So if anybody has vintage recaros like these, the sport seats out of the E30 series BMWs will get you some decent parts. I grabbed just the bolsters as the leather was toast as was the rest of the seat. First time I had ever seen seats that the centers were worse than the bolsters.