72 240z suspension q's

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/86623-crazyoctopus-1972-240z-build-up-long-first-post/

This is what I used as a reference to slam mine. Go through the build thread and it shows what to do. I'm on Stance coils, not Megans but it's pretty much the same thing. All you need is coils, rear coilover sleeves (have a machine shop make them,save $) and camber plates from zccjdm.com (about $20). My coilover sleeves for the front were metal, and the rear were aluminum which is why I had rears made. Not sure if all s13 coils or like this. You can also go miata coils or dc2 coils. I did s13 for beefier coils. Hope this helps, and pics are needed!!!

http://forums.hybrid...ong-first-post/

This is what I used as a reference to slam mine. Go through the build thread and it shows what to do. I'm on Stance coils, not Megans but it's pretty much the same thing. All you need is coils, rear coilover sleeves (have a machine shop make them,save $) and camber plates from zccjdm.com (about $20). My coilover sleeves for the front were metal, and the rear were aluminum which is why I had rears made. Not sure if all s13 coils or like this. You can also go miata coils or dc2 coils. I did s13 for beefier coils. Hope this helps, and pics are needed!!!

do you have build specs or pics i want some ideas so i dont blow the bank or destroy my car

if i had a machine shop make them what dimensions should i do and what metal? and could i do gc's

Yea you can go ground controls, you got to search though, I do not have much knowledge on those but I heard they're a little more work.Sunny's Z is super slammed on GC but doesn't have much suspension travel. It's all about how you section the struts with these. The dimensions depend on the coilover you use, just give them your coil so they can match the thread pitch. I'm not sure what type of metal I used but your going to be welding on them so get something thick so it won't warp. I got both of mine for $100 and the camber plates for about $20. I think mine are 7.5 inches long, again it depends on the coils though.

do you have build specs or pics i want some ideas so i dont blow the bank or destroy my car

I don't have any pics but the build thread I linked for you has plenty if you want to go with s13 coils. All you do is cut off your shocks and weld the new coilover tubes to the spindle. Then you cut out the stock top hats and weld the camber plates on. I also made gussets for the coilover sleeves to reinforce it.

It depends what you run, but all I did was get two steel tubes cut to 7.5 inches each and then I had a machine shop thread them out, you can go smaller though. Make sure you tell them you want the coilover to be able to bottom out in the strut tube because they have to bore it out a certain way in order to do that.