Another driveshaft question:for 320 with dogleg and l16

I'm going to install an l16 and dogleg 5 speed into my 1964 320. I only need the motor mounts from a 521 to complete the swap. My question is will the stock 320 driveline mate up to the dogleg? I haven't checked under the 320 because it's sitting in my back yard on dirt near dog poop but I might just have to crawl under there. Hopefully someone here has done this swap before.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i checked my 320 today . Looks like it should work without any problems. The drive shaft has splines as does the dogleg. I forgot I had removed the drive shaft when I towed it home. It was sitting in the back of the bed.

• 1 year later...

Did you do this swap? How did you deal with the radiator clearance issues? Any pics?

I have an L320 as well and I have been trying to decide what to do with the engine. Mine has a J13, a very tired J13. I bought a l20b for a wagon deal that fell through and I have contemplated putting it in the 320 but I don't want to cut anything on the firewall or radiator support. Maybe the l16 is smaller. Z

never did the swap. I picked up some nl's and some 510's. Started working on those instead. I'll get to it one of these days.

I have seen them installed though(L16). Don't run the stock fan. Run an electric fan and that will give you enough room so you don't have to bash in your firewall.