1971 240z ressurection? + some modification

ATR

Hi,

I bought a 1971 from a local guy that needed to move it. I paid a fair price, or so I think.

It came with professionally replaced floor pans, front rails, the chassis was media blasted and e-coated.

The front fenders, hood, doors, hatch got blasted and a fresh coat of primer.

It is lacking in the interior department (no dash, seats, etc.) - came with new carpet, headliner and I believe all of the weather stripping still in boxes and bags.

I have not decided if I will be putting the carpet in or leave it bare metal. - we will see.

In the next few weeks I will try to make a rotisserie and put it in the garage, work on the bottom of the car, buy zg flares, install those and prep for paint.

The chassis will get painted grau-schwarz, and the hatch, hood, cowl cover, grill, flares and air dam will go a hot rod low gloss black.

As far as engine goes. I have two 13b's sitting in the garage but will most likely put a red block volvo 8v/16v hybrid in it with a t5 trans.

Suspension wise, I would like to get either T3 rear arms (or the old steel style arizona z car ones if I can find them), s13 coilovers, a.z.c. front arms and tension rods, 280zx front strut assemblies cut down with welded on lower portions for the s13 coilovers.

Brakes: most likely some z32 front brakes and s13/14 rear disc brakes.

I will post some photos as soon as I take them.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic