Help Identify these connections. PLEASE

ISPKI

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the first image. The wire that has the white woven jacket appears to have been cut and the three internal wires look wrapped in tape.

In the second image. You see the taped ends.

In the third image. What is the white plastic cap thing? It appears to have had a connector on it that was broken off.

In the fourth and fifth. The vacuum line that looks like it connects to somewhere near the fusible links, but it is broken off and I cannot find any connections. It has no label on it, however, on the other side where the fuel regulator is, there is an extra vacuum line labeled "F" that is shown in picture five. I also have no idea what that vacuum line is plugged into. It doesnt appear to do anything.

Photo 6 and 7 is a photo of a green wire that looks spliced into one of the fusible links and then spliced into the wire going to the starter motor. It does not seem factory and I would like to disconnect it from the fusible link so I can put my new cap on it.

Photo 6 & 7, doesn't appear to be ANY fusiible links, just straight wire in place. The jumper is probably to the fuel pump fusible link to turn the fuel pump on when cranking to bypass something else that's screwed up. It's NOT supposed to be there.

5/6 was probably the idle kick-up for the A/C. When the A/C was on and the engine at idle, the A/C compressor could pull the engine below idle. Hence the kick-up can.

Dunno about the rest. Could have been for the EGR cut-off solenoid. Looks like you have a '75 non-EGR manifold, all other years had EGR so you'd have extra wires.

Well, I figured out what the green wires are. The wire that splices into the green "fusible link" then splices into a black wire with a yellow stripe that connects into the ignition switch. Not sure what that black/yellow wire does, will have to research that later.

The splice in photo 6 is...get this, a kill switch. The two green wires that are soldered together and connected to the starter connect to a kill switch under the steering column. Kind of neat I guess, except it doesnt work