Choke not activating on start up

MantisX620

Im enjoying very much my new weber 32/26 carb. Sometimes though, the first start of the truck is extremely difficult. One thing ive noticed is the choke doesnt appear to be activating?

Ive already manually engaged the choke butterflies, started it and set the fast idle speed. However, on a first start, it doesnt idle anywhere near the fast idle speed. In fact, it idles very low. After it warms up, it idles normally around 750rpm. I got it directly from redline so I assumed the choke was already set correctly.

Im not sure what else to adjust. Ive got the mixture dialed in fairly well as it runs great and its smooth on the primary to secondary transition. Any ideas?

Thanks

MantisX

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the motor is cold. Before starting, step on the gas several times. This will pump raw gas into the intake to richen the start up mixture and will set the choke.

Take the air filter off when you do this and you should see the choke butterflys snap closed. If not, hold the gas peddle down and loosen the electric choke heater and turn the housing till the choke plates close.

• 1 month later...