My King Cab Project Has Begun!

My77KingCab

So i found an add on Craigslist for a 1977 Datsun Kingcab, guy was asking 1200.00 for it ...though it was kind of high because it was not in great shape, well turn out the guy needs his 20x20 garage vinyl sided and he has all the material...so i offer up my skills in trade for the truck and he goes for it ...so with a good weekend of labor he loaded the truck on a trailer and delivered it to my house!

Its been about 3 weeks.....i have completly gutted the interior, removed the bed, gas tank, all lights,mirrors, decals ect....Shes Rough....and ive considered throwing the towel in everyday! but ive been picking at it and its going alright ...

I spend aboutt a week doing body work to the cab...exterior...the floors are a mess ...ive decided to use the old Rustoleum Roll on paint job and im on my 5th coat now....I know alot of you just cringed at the thought or rolling on paint but when you see the photos your gonna Crap! ill give a run down of the way i painted it when i put the pics up...

So here are my issues....I cant find a Gas tank anywhere! ...no used ones , no new ones, nothing! so if anyone knows of a good fit from another vehicle id love to know what it is!....also bumper match ups?...anyone know of some bumpers that fit well?...

ive got my work cut out for me and will be working on her for a while ....shes got 82,000 original miles on her and purrs like a kitten...no smoke to engine tick....tranny seems tight....wish me luck all!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic