Fuel Pump solution

(I am not a spokesman for Walbro or anything....)

For what its worth, I have done a lot of hands on testing with various after market fuel pumps for high HP cars.

If you are doing an engine swap in your older Datsun and you need to install an EFI fuel pump, I would highly recommend the Walbro 255 LPH external electric pump (GSL392). It is very compact and quiet, easy to install and very durable. Walbro manufactures pumps for many automotive manufactures with very strict standards that carry over to their after market pumps. It is relatively cheap compared to a lot of the others out there.

I would NOT recommend the Aeromotive A1000. They have a very high failure rate and they are extremely noisy and much more expensive. And according to our testing, they do not significantly outflow the Walbro either. They are also very big, bulky and heavy and hard to mount (because of the size).

If you are thinking about doing an "in-tank" conversion in the Datsun fuel tank, that is also a good option, except.... When you weld in the mounting ring for the pump, their is a high risk of warping the ring, which will leave you with chronic fuel seepage issues, also you better make sure your welds are air-tight!

If your situation is one that demands more than a 255 LPH can deliver, then I would recommend running two GSL392's in series (on feeding the other) with the second one coming on in boost, this would provide enough fuel for most street/race turbo/super-charged applications.

I have installed more than 20 GSL392's on a lot of applications, from 1000hp to 150hp, and never seen a failure or had a problem that made me question the pump's performance.

Thats it, take it for what its worth.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic