My 69 Bug Project

Well as much is gas prices are rising here in cali i decided to get off my ass and start working on my bug, here is what she looked like 6 years ago before my first divorce (had to take her apart and hide her from the ex)

68.jpg

After I was a free man I received a 64 bug in trade for some work I did, but it didn't have any papers, so I just used my 68 pan on the 64, but I got tired of the car and sold it, which just left me with a body of the 68 :mad:, after moving back to san diego I left the body here at my parents house, where it has sat untouched for the last 6 years, uncovered and outside, well the only thing I needed to get this project rolling (pun intended) was a pan. My buddy in antioch called me up one day and said his dad was going to junk there 69 baja bug...which had a good pan...here it is

kittiesandcar005.jpg

After removing that body and cutting it up for scrap I found out the pan halfs need to be replaced, no biggie for me, done it a thousand times, but my cousin and I were bored and decided to throw the 68 body onto the pan..and here is how she looks as of right now

Volkswagen023.jpg

Volkswagen020.jpg

I decided to use a convertible deck lid because of the vents in it to help cool the engine, I plan on building a mild 1600cc engine just for daily driving which should get me about 36mpg, but I am also building a 1915 to throw into it for taking up to sacramento and drag racing, all and all the project is going good, just waiting on Uncle Sam to give me the money he owes me so I can finish it. What do you guys think?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic